[CentOS] New list ?

Wed Nov 24 17:52:04 UTC 2010
Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com>

On 11/24/2010 10:47 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Taking this to a new thread.
>
> Thoughts on getting a new list started up ?  Should it be
> centos-sysadmin or centos-infra ? Are we going to then restrict it to
> admin/infra related chatter ? in which case, does the eyeball density on
> this list reduce for that sort of content ?
>
> How about the politics and news stuff that gets posted to this list.
> And how would those things be addressed with the new admin focused list ?

I agree with most of the other posts.  This is the highest volume
mailing list that I'm on at the moment, but I still don't think there is
a high enough volume that it needs to be split up.  It would create
confusion about the proper place to post questions, since questions
frequently do not fit into simple categories.  It also (as has already
been said) will create more useless posts talking about the proper list
for various questions.

I'll put my vote in for keeping the single list.

--
Bowie