[CentOS] simple website hit counter

Sat Nov 27 15:40:42 UTC 2010
Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010, Frank Cox wrote:

> From: Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] simple website hit counter
>
> On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 00:03:25 -0500
> Tommy E Craddock Jr wrote:
>
>> How about something like this:
>>
>> http://www.abiglime.com/webmaster/articles/cgi/110497.htm
>>
>> Perl script which shows the count.  You dont have to display it on the main
>> page even, can set it up to display on a page only the customer has access
>> to.
>
> In the immortal words of Wayne, "Schwing!"
>
> That looks like it'll do the job.
>
> Thanks!

That looks OK to me as well.

I might be releasing some code on my website soon for the
download counter you can find at:

http://www.karsites.net/centos/anyuser/kickstart-PDF-manual.php

It's written in PHP 5, and uses a configurable OOP class,
and saves the download count for each file downloaded into
a simple 2 column SQLite3 database.

I've also written a PHP class that sends an email each time
somebody lands on a specifie page.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

in practice they are not.