[CentOS] SELinux - way of the future or good idea but !!!

Mon Nov 29 17:49:53 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 11/29/2010 10:46 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

>> How much 3rd party software do you run where someone else has not
>> already spent the time to work out the policies needed to let it work?
>
> And how much in-house developed software do you run? Or, about those 3rd
> party software, do you run my own personal PITA, CA's $$$ SiteMinder?

In-house software with 3rd party components and stuff running under Java
is the main reason for most of our machines.  I'm not sure we'd have any
that just use the base distro packages.  Some stuff uses SUSE because
the developer claims their realtime kernel is required for performance.
  Letting SELinux break other things would be turned into an argument to
move them to SUSE.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com