[CentOS] SELinux - way of the future or good idea but !!!

Tue Nov 30 21:19:56 UTC 2010

Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 30, 2010 03:49:57 pm Stephen Harris wrote:
>> Reality check: how many of those installs are RedHat OOB installs with
>> default options?
>
> No idea.  How many aren't default OOB?
>
> For that matter, how many CentOS installs are out there are set:
> 1.) OOB, SELinux enforcing/targeted;
> 2.) SELinux permissive;
> 3.) SELinux off;
> 4.) SELinux enforcing, some other policy than targeted?
>
> I would guess no one knows.  But all of my CentOS installs are OOB as
> concerning SELinux, except the two scalix installs, which have some custom
> 'stuff' thanks to the scalix instance naming.

All I know is at the last two companies I worked at - AT&T, a small team
building software for the NOC, a smaller root CA, and here at the federal
agency I'm at, we either turned it off, or have it set to permissive.

         mark