[CentOS] HP ML110 G6: how to update kernel with HP hpahcisr raid driver installed

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Fri Oct 1 17:30:17 UTC 2010

>That doesn't really "solve" the issue, it only stops you from getting
>important kernel updates.

An unfortunate way of life if you insist on using HP's modules. They do
their own QA testing and it takes a moons age. I have never had a need
to use the latest cciss for example versus the shipped module's but I guess
if you want software raid on that little server you have to.

AFAIK, turning off raid and using ahci then using mdraid (as I do on my ML110 G6's)
makes much more sense is way easier longterm.