[CentOS] how many people still use NIS?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Oct 1 17:06:02 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 16:46 -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> *shrug* I've never used it. Trust me, openLDAP is a royal PITA, but with
> AD as an alternative....
well AD *is* LDAP but it has many other services/requirements beyond

As for OpenLDAP being a royal PITA, I suppose that's a matter of
perspective because I've been using it for at least 7 years now and it
works for me without any problems whatsoever. The only griping I hear is
from people who expect to use it without actually taking the time to
learn how it works.

believed to be clean.