[CentOS] OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

John Kennedy skebi69 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 16:26:36 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 12:20, Mark <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:

> Given that the Document Foundation has now split away from Oracle to
> continue the development of an independent office suite, do we have
> any idea which was CentOS and Red Hat are planning to go in this area
> - OpenOffice or LibreOffice?
>
> I know that LibreOffice is not production ready yet - they only have
> their first beta available, but it's just a matter of (likely a short)
> time before the split becomes a release.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

I would guess RedHat (and by default CentOS) will stay with OpenOffice for a
while to see what
a) Oracle are going to do with it
b) How many people sing LibreOffice's praises
Once it hits beta, I will install it to see how it goes. The way Oracle is
acting towards Open Source I will likely stay with LibreOffice and also
start learning PosgreSQL just so I have no Oracle products (in much the same
way I have no M$ products (in my personal life))...
John

--
 John Kennedy