[CentOS] Duplex networkprinter for Linux

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue Oct 5 18:46:16 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, October 05, 2010 09:18:09 am kim.gabrielsen at get2net.dk wrote:
> does anybody know about a duplex (color) printer with linux support?

Virtually any of the HP's with Postscript work fine, as long as you have or can get a .ppd for it and it's real Postscript.  I have an old Color LaserJet 8550DN that works like a champ.  Supplies are steep, but this is an 11x17 printer.

For monochrome duplex I'm still using an HP LJ 8000 with duplexer, and the 8150 with duplexer works well, too.  If you print enough monochrome, you'll find that the 8K or 8150 are less expensive than the 8550 printing black.  All three are 11x17 capable.