[CentOS] LDAP authentication on a remote server (via ldaps://)

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Oct 6 13:49:59 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 03:32:03PM +0200, Mathieu Baudier wrote:
> > Did you, on the server, change the new, undocumented, /etc/sysconfig/ldap
> > file's entry for SLAPD_LDAPS and restart the ldap service on the server?
>
> This settings was indeed set to no.
>
> I changed the settings to yes and restarted the service, but it did
> not change anything.

About the only other thing I can think of is an issue I ran into on
later versions of Fedora.  Now, /etc/openldap/ldap.conf needs
TLS_REQCERT allow, but I think that's a Fedora thing.  (On the other
hand, we're only using CentOS as a server, not a client.)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Cordelia: Everything has been taken away because Daddy made a
little mistake on his taxes... for the last twelve years.