[CentOS] OT: linux desktop market share more than 1%

Thu Oct 7 21:27:54 UTC 2010

James Bensley wrote on 10/07/2010 01:08 PM:
> I'm not agreeing with this survey, *but*, there are several times more
> users already registered here? http://counter.li.org/

I'm not either, but there is a major difference between Linux users and
Linux desktop users.  I have been both for many years, have converted my
wife's desktop to Linux some years ago, and can even get the kids to use
it for OOo and web browsing when they are not playing Windows video
games.  About 10% of the people at my workplace use Linux for the
desktop despite sizable pressure to the contrary from the CIO.

Phil