[CentOS] OT: linux desktop market share more than 1%

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 22:40:22 UTC 2010

On 10/8/2010 5:25 PM, Warren Young wrote:

> But a fair comparison would be the Adobe Creative Suite, since Adobe
> presumably wants their software used everywhere.  You can't blame Adobe
> for not porting it.  They've dipped their toe in the water several
> times, and shied away each time.

I don't blame any software vendor for not porting to Linux, but the
problem is self-inflicted by the Linux distributions refusing to
standardize the available libraries and APIs so binary packages can work
across them.

Probably the best we are going to see now will be javascript-framework
applications that run portably inside browsers.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com