[CentOS] OT: linux desktop market share more than 1%

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Sat Oct 9 17:15:52 UTC 2010

> I know PPC linux releases could support command-click as right click, so I
> can only assume CentOS 5 could as well.  (But I wouldn't know where to
> start looking for this information beyond a naive google search.)

Yes I used to do so on PPC, but I never got it working on the MacBook
Pro + CentOS (and I really spent a lot of time trying).
I found a workaround using accessibility features but it is a bit
heavy and with a few side effects (I can put it if you want though).

In the end I end up doing the following:
- I have a partition with shared data (documents, java source code,
maven repository, etc.).
- when I'm settled somewhere I use CentOS with a mouse
- when I'm on the move I use Ubuntu (where the touchpad is working
perfectly => the related driver was added around 2.6.27 if I'm not
mistaken)
- both OS link to the shared directories (I forced the Ubuntu user id
to 500, in order to be compatible with CentOS)
- dreaming of when RHEL/CentOS 6 is out and reporting bugs on RHEL 6 Beta 2