[CentOS] RHEL 6 potential release date???

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Sun Oct 10 20:36:26 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 07:08:30PM +0000, BeartoothHOS wrote:

> 	Well, the beta is up :
>
> http://www.redhat.com/rhel/beta/

	It's been up for many months; in fact this is the second beta
	cut.

> so the corporate experience on this list may be able now to make an
> educated guess (still an unofficial guess, of course, about the most

	I can guess that the sun will rise in the west tomorrow also,
	doesn't mean that it's worthwhile to do so.

> likely length of time till the first full release a/o that of CentOS 6 --
> but still of some use to those of us waiting eagerly ...].

	No, it's not.  Betas do not have a time-line.

	Red Hat does not publicly discuss release dates.  Red Hat does
	not privately discuss release dates, either.

	Anything that anyone publishes that may reference a release date
	is nothing but pure conjecture on their part up to the time that
	Red Hat makes their official release announcement; as such
	playing guessing games as to potential release dates is pretty
	pointless.

	As previously stated: "It will be released when it's released
	and not a moment before."

							John
--
As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an
enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless.  I refer, of course, to

-- Dave Barry (3 July 1947-), Pulitzer Prize-winning American author and
   columnist, Knight Ridder syndicate, New York Daily News, 12 December
   2004