[CentOS] security updates

John Hinton webmaster at ew3d.com
Tue Oct 12 22:11:49 UTC 2010

  On 10/11/2010 9:17 AM, John Doe wrote:
> From: Giles Coochey<giles at coochey.net>
>
>> On Mon, October 11, 2010 13:36, Ritika Garg wrote:
>>> I can't understand  exactly what these security updates do? Why is there a
>>> need to have a  security update?
>> What is your IP?  :-D
> Keep this information secret, but I think his IP is 127.0.0.1 ...
> And there's no firewall!!!  ;P
>
> JD
Too funny JD!

But, not to mention that for most Linux distros, source is available, so
finding bugs in theory is easier. This leads to the theory that the code
has been more deeply tested (snooped) and repaired leading to a most
robust end product.

Secure? Yes, as long as you apply the updates as needed. You can always
read about why there is a patch and decide if it is applicable to your
situation.

John Hinton