[CentOS] iptables: comprehensive tutorial for CentOS?

Boris Epstein

borepstein at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 22:41:32 UTC 2010

Hello listmates,

I know this may sound stupid... but I am trying to set up a
firewall/filter/forwarder using CentOS 5.5 machine as a platform and I
am succeeding but only partially. Fro example, I am literally trying
to forward HTTP and HTTPS (TCP 80 and 443) from the public interface
to a private IP and TCP 80 works like a charm whereas TCP 443 seems to
be a no-go.

To that effect: does anyone know of a comprehensive relevant manual? I
mean, I must be doing something wrong here though I ain't sure what.

Any advice and suggestions much appreciated.

Boris.