[CentOS] FYI: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Release Candidate Available to Partners

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Oct 19 12:03:41 UTC 2010

On 10/19/2010 12:52 PM, Jerry Franz wrote:
> Once you publish/distribute GPL licensed code to *anyone*, your
> obligation to provide source kicks in for *everyone*. In practice, few
> people hammer at a company "in process" over it. But you *can*.

I am not a lawyer, but you blurb seems to indicate that the issue is
applicable to people with the object code, which would make my last
point valid.

Also, there are legalise around exactly what is considered a product /
code snippet / build script and distribution - which is what makes
things like NDA's workable.

- KB