[CentOS] excel parser (preferably perl)?

Kevin Thorpe kevin at pibenchmark.com
Wed Oct 20 09:46:00 UTC 2010

  On 19/10/2010 17:48, Toby Bluhm wrote:
> [...]
This might be coming out of left field.... but I have an Excel add-in
which, among other things, packs up Excel spreadsheets and posts the
content in blocks to a web server as csv. The other clever bit is that
it works on column headings so that it doesn't break if users
add/remove/switch columns. It also provides an acknowledgement mechanism
which colours and comments a cell for each line so you can notify if the
line looks borked to the server.

It does the opposite as well. Using an embedded web browser to find and
select info then the server presents an html table which the add-in
unpacks into the spreadsheet.

If anyone wants it then please ask off-list. I'll need to strip some of
the functionality out as it's confidential business process info.