[CentOS] problem regarding rpmbuild : creating rpm for python files

saurabh verma whatnotsaurabh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 14:17:24 EDT 2010

HI people ,

I am not sure whether this is right mailing list for this question , but i
tried subscribing to redhat rpm list , failed to do so .

I'm facing a issue while creating RPM for python punjab

I've created a spec file which contains the list of files to packaged

And when i try to run rpmbuild -ba command on this spec file , rpmbuild
tried to optimize the python byte coded files , which i can see from ( i
guess macros )   " + /usr/lib/rpm/brp-python-bytecompile" , and fails after
that .

please help me about controlling this behaviour so that I can skip the
"brp-python-bytecompile" section .

Thanks in advance ,
Saurabh Verma