[CentOS] No "last command" in VIM?

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Thu Oct 21 18:00:21 UTC 2010

On Oct 21, 2010, at 1:42 PM, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> I'll file a bug if needed and someone confirms.

Dotan,

This is not a bug.  When you invoke vim as 'vi', the -C option is added, which sets Vim to Vi-compatible mode; this disables a number of features, including :history.  From :help history :

:his[tory]	Print the history of last entered commands.
		{not in Vi}
		{not available when compiled without the |+cmdline_hist|
		feature}

The "{not in Vi}" means that this feature is not available in Vi-compatible mode.

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v
PGP 8477B706 (A92A 1F7E 6D76 16A0 BFF9  E61D AD54 0251 8477 B706)