[CentOS] Dell E6410

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Oct 25 19:20:27 UTC 2010

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010, Bo Lynch wrote:

> Just recently bought a Dell E6410 with a Intel® HD Graphics with
> ExpressCard with I7-640m processor. Having some issues getting a graphical
> env to work. By just the looks of lspci X is wanting to use the VGA
> Compatable controller: Intel Corp Core Processor Intergrated graphics
> controller.
> Everything else is using Intel Corp Series 5/3400 Series Chipset.
>
> Has anyone else had any luck getting similar intel onboard grphics to work?

'Having some issues getting a graphical env to work'  is vague
to the point of uselessness.

Useful would be -- I have checked the bug tracker and this
seems like bug ____  ...  A lspci -v is ... I see that
upstream , there is bugzilla ___ and I have followed the
debugging protocol for this card outlined several times there

-- Russ herrold