[CentOS] wireless

Tue Oct 19 16:24:45 UTC 2010
David <resoplez at gmail.com>

Hi folks

I have a CentOS box with 2 network cards. One is eth0 and the other is wlan0 (Linksys WUSB54GC USB wifi card)

I use wlan0 to stay linked with other workstations in an small network and eth0 just in case I need to get wired to solve some problem. eth0 is always unpluged while things are going ok.

Te problem is everytime my AP is turned off for whatever reason or the link is down, no matter the AP is working again, my wlan0 stays without link. Then I have to reboot to get wireless linked again. I'm not running Network Manager, For some reason, everytime I tried to start it, it just mess my network, trying to make wlan0 to get an IP from a DHCP server, no matter wlan0 have it's own IP address specified in ifcfg-wlan0.
The Centos Box is unattended and everytime it happens I have to go to the other room and press the on/off button to restart it. (no display, keyboard or mouse in it)
Any advices? How could I make NetworkManager to just link it again and not start messing with my network configuration?

Cheers

David