[CentOS] OpenLDAP, PAM, GDM Configuration on CentOS 5.5

Wed Oct 20 13:21:40 UTC 2010
Trevor T Kates <trevor.t.kates at dom.com>

Hello:

I am currently establishing a LDAP installation for my department and hope to get a little help on some of the finer details of the configuration. OpenLDAP 2.3.43-12 is currently installed, configured and running on one of my servers with a few client installations querying authentication information from it. The ppolicy schema has been added to the configuration and a password policy has been added to the directory under "cn=default,ou=Policies,dc=domain,dc=com". Users are able to authenticate properly on the client machines to at least login; however, I have been unable to achieve the following functions:
- Force user to change password on first login and display a prompt from gdm to facilitate the change
- Lock user account from access and display a message from gdm to that fact

These workstations are being used in a restricted mode so that the user may only work within X and may not open a terminal.

Any help with this particular problem would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Trevor T. Kates
Associate Software Systems Engineer

in error, and delete it.  Thank you.