[CentOS] OT: looking for network performance comparison chart

Fri Oct 22 06:18:30 UTC 2010
Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at SoftDux.com>

Hi all,

Does anyone have, or know of a comparison chart of the different
network adapters, i.e. 1GB  / 10GB, Infiniband, etc. And if possible
with a few top brand NIC's and switches listed as well.

I would like to see, for example, what the max throughput is of a 1GB
NIC (and this could probably differ from PCI to PCIE-x1 to PCIE-x4),
and 10GBE. Different switches would probably also have different
ratings, but could a layer 2 switch & layer3 switch deliver the same
performance for example?

Basically I need to know what upload / download speeds I should be
getting from the different networks, set aside other options like CPU
/ RAM / disc IO / etc.

I have tried google already, but didn't get anything useful.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com