[CentOS] install older version of glibc package

Mon Oct 25 03:27:46 UTC 2010
Sherin George <list at sheringeorge.co.cc>

Hello Guys,

Recently, I have installed some custom packaged of glibc in servers I
manage due to vulnerabilities. At that time, official centos packages
were not available. Now, I want to roll back to centos versions.

=====================================
-bash-3.2# yum info glibc
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
 * addons: yum.singlehop.com
 * base: yum.singlehop.com
 * extras: mirrors.netdna.com
 * rpmforge: apt.sw.be
 * updates: yum.singlehop.com
Installed Packages
Name       : glibc
Arch       : i386
Version    : 2.5
Release    : 49.1
Size       : 22 M
Repo       : installed
Summary    : The GNU libc libraries.
License    : LGPL
           : multiple programs on the system. In order to save disk space and
           : memory, as well as to make upgrading easier, common system code is
           : kept in one place and shared between programs. This
particular package
           : contains the most important sets of shared libraries: the
standard C
           : library and the standard math library. Without these two
libraries, a
           : Linux system will not function.

Name       : glibc
Arch       : x86_64
Version    : 2.5
Release    : 49.1
Size       : 26 M
Repo       : installed
Summary    : The GNU libc libraries.
License    : LGPL
           : multiple programs on the system. In order to save disk space and
           : memory, as well as to make upgrading easier, common system code is
           : kept in one place and shared between programs. This
particular package
           : contains the most important sets of shared libraries: the
standard C
           : library and the standard math library. Without these two
libraries, a
           : Linux system will not function.

Available Packages
Name       : glibc
Arch       : i686
Version    : 2.5
Release    : 49.el5_5.6
Size       : 5.3 M
Repo       : updates
Summary    : The GNU libc libraries.
License    : LGPL
           : multiple programs on the system. In order to save disk space and
           : memory, as well as to make upgrading easier, common system code is
           : kept in one place and shared between programs. This
particular package
           : contains the most important sets of shared libraries: the
standard C
           : library and the standard math library. Without these two
libraries, a
           : Linux system will not function.

I tried a lot of options. "yum downgrade" is attempting to remove lot
of packages which I can't afford. Yum install is hitting dependency
errors.

Is there a way out ? Thanks in advance for any help/advice any one could offer.

--
Regards,
Sherin