[CentOS] OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

Mon Oct 4 16:43:44 UTC 2010
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 09:35:46AM -0700, Mark wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 9:26 AM, John Kennedy <skebi69 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> :
> > Once it hits beta, I will install it to see how it goes.

Quote from Distrowatch:

"The Document Foundation is a newly founded organisation with a mission
- to make an office suite available as truly free software, developed
  within the wider community. Supported by companies like Google, Novell
and Red Hat, the Foundation has forked the Oracle-owned OpenOffice.org
software and created LibreOffice. Worries about Oracle's commitment to
OpenOffice have persisted within the OpenOffice.org community since the
company's acquisition of Sun Microsystems." Several distributions,
including Fedora and Ubuntu, have already indicated that their future
releases will ship with LibreOffice instead of OpenOffice.org.

The part within quotation marks is from the documentfoundation.org's
site, I think--if one pokes around the site, Jan Wildeboer of RH
explicitly says RH is proud to join the effort.  What this means for RH
6, I have no idea, nor if they're planning to drop it into RH 5.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Cordelia: I do what I want to do. And I wear what I want to wear.
And you know what, I'll date whoever the hell I want to date...
no matter how lame he is.