[CentOS] looking for a decent free / Open Source flash media server

Wed Oct 6 11:46:35 UTC 2010
Mário Barbosa <mario.barbosa at log.pt>

Quoting Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at SoftDux.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I hope someone can help me with this one. I am looking for a decent
> free / Open Source flash media server software which I can run on a
> Linux server. Adobe's Flash Media Server
> (http://www.adobe.com/products/flashmediaserver/) is very expensive
> and not within any reasonable cost range (R40K+).
>
> The Fladh Media Server uses the RMTP
>
> This is needed to run the following Joomla extension:
> http://www.joomplace.com/live-conference/live-conference.html which
> basically allows us to setup a Flash tutorial conference setup,
> similar to podcasts.
>
> We currently use CentOS Linux + cPanel, as well as CentOS + VirtualMin
> but I'm open to suggestion for other control panels as well if need
> be.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

I was about to suggest Red5 to you (and start a rant about it's
install documentation...), but then I saw this:

http://www.joomplace.com/forum/joomla-components/live-conference/does-the-system-works-in-a-red5-server.html

I wish you good luck, and hope that you find a reasonable solution and
share it with us... :)

Mário Barbosa