[CentOS] kernel.org kernel in CentOS respin.

Wed Oct 6 15:02:40 UTC 2010
Steve Clark <sclark at netwolves.com>

On 10/06/2010 06:05 AM, John Doe wrote:
> From: Steve Clark<sclark at netwolves.com>
>

>> I realize that uname is missing as well as  /sbin/new-kernel-pkg. That is why
>> I was asking if someone has a "recipe" for  building a kernel from
>> "kernel.org" that will install correctly from a  respin.
>>
> You need mkinitrd and coreutils packages...
> Not sure at which step it fails since you did not give details.
> Anyway, google says: http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel
> Hope this helps...
>
> JD

Thanks JD,

I have looked at that page. It was my impression it was for building a
kernel
based on the released CentOS kernel for 5.x, 2.6.18... not for building
a kernel
from kernel.org such as 2.6.32-23 which is what I want.

--
Stephen Clark
*NetWolves*
Email: steve.clark at netwolves.com