[CentOS] Duplex networkprinter for Linux

Thu Oct 7 22:41:03 UTC 2010
James Szinger <jszinger at gmail.com>

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 8:19 AM, Boris Epstein <borepstein at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 9:39 AM, James Szinger <jszinger at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> Recently at work, I had to set up a new HP, and had a hard time
>> finding a Linux PPD, and our sysadmin had no more success.  I
>> ended up grabbing the OSX PPD and removing the Mac specific parts.
>
> What was the new HP you were having trouble setting up at work, if you
> happen to remember?

It's an HP LJ P4515, and it works well now that it is setup.

To find the Linux driver, I went from the printer's web page to the HP
support site to the HPLIP site.  The first time, my browser crashed.
The second time, I didn't see anything obvious to download.  Then I
gave up and hacked the Mac PPD.  Now, in hindsight, I see that
hplip-3.10.6.tar.gz has a suitable PPD.  I found the process much more
difficult than it should be.

Jim