[CentOS] OT: linux desktop market share more than 1%

Sat Oct 9 15:16:23 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 10/9/10 5:50 AM, Robert Heller wrote:

> Not a problem.  It in fact makes my point:  Linux is about *choice*,
> MS-Windows is NOT.  Most computer users don't want to take the time and
> effort to make an *intellegent* choice.

But most of the bazillion choices you are forced to make to set up a Linux
system don't have an intelligent solution - they are just arbitrary differences
maintained by the distributions, perhaps in some vain attempt to keep people
from being able to change easily.  It's no more about intelligence than the
flavor of ice cream you like best, but more complicated because there are so
many more non-standard ingredients.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com