[CentOS] OT: linux desktop market share more than 1%

Sat Oct 9 20:14:22 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 10/9/10 2:41 PM, John Hinton wrote:

> Aside from this, Microsoft seems to love to make changes that break
> other vendor's software. I can't imagine the frustrations they must feel
> living in this world. WordPerfect, Adobe and just about everyone has had
> problems due to some 'upgrade' that broke something in their software.

And how would you compare this to, say, the linux kernel regularly breaking
every driver module that isn't distributed in source?

> All I can say is GO Google and Android! We might yet again have
> an alternative?

But note that Android could have been java if google didn't want to impose their
own controls.  Once again it is arbitrary breakage just to prevent interoperability.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com