[CentOS] recommended way to install source rpms?

Mon Oct 11 16:54:10 UTC 2010
Patrick Lists <centos-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl>

On 10/11/2010 05:12 PM, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, Patrick Lists wrote:
>
>> Would you mind giving a hint why one should not use mock from EPEL?
>> Afaict the mock version in the CentOS repo is 0.6.13 which was released
>> years ago and the one in EPEL is 1.0.7 which is current.
>
> ehh??
>
> mock-1.1.5-1orc.src.rpm from upstream Raw Hide

I'm aware of the 1.1 branch but the mock website says that 1.1 is for
"F-13+". Doesn't that excludes CentOS?

> The mock inplementaion is a moving target --- I do not
> know the particulars of why the other party recommmended
> using THE ONE CENTOS BUILT ON for CentOS, but ...

Sorry but I don't get it. Are you saying that mock from EPEL or the
Rawhide one you mentioned work equally fine on CentOS (5.5) and all
cover the buildsys requirement that Mathieu mentioned?

Regards,
Patrick