[CentOS] the wandering MAC?

Wed Oct 13 17:06:00 UTC 2010
Giles Coochey <giles at coochey.net>

  On 13/10/2010 19:00, Timo Schoeler wrote:
> On 10/13/2010 06:46 PM, Giles Coochey wrote:
>>
>> I've tended to find that when a card is failing the MAC address starts
>> setting itself to FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF not 00:00:00:XX:XX:XX
> FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF is broadcast.

Sorry... in order to qualify my statement I should say that I was in
charge of United Kingdom RMAs for a Taiwanese manufacturer of Network
cards for 3 years... as such I have come across thousands of faulty
network cards and one of our tests for a faulty PROM was to ask our
distributors if the MAC addresses had set itself to FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF.

I don't doubt that it is a broadcast address.