[CentOS] the wandering MAC?

Wed Oct 13 20:23:58 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 10/13/2010 3:16 PM, Jerry Franz wrote:
> On 10/13/2010 1:11 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>

>> But the ifcfg-ethX scripts don't run if the HWADDR entry doesn't match
>> the NIC MAC.  How do you get the right name connected to the right nic
>> so you can even run ifconfig sensibly?
>>

> You don't *have* to use HWADDR in the ifcfg-* file. Just comment it out
> on the NIC that is having problems.

Whenever I've done that on machines with multiple NICs, they've all been
renamed with a .bak extension and ignored, including the one I needed to
be able to reach the machine at all.  Could be that there were other
changes at the same time contributing to this and maybe it will work if
only one doesn't match.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com