[CentOS] Trying to get xen to boot off of an iso or a sysresc image so I can expand a filesystem to the extent of the LVM's free space.

Sat Oct 16 12:12:45 UTC 2010
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>

Am 16.10.2010 00:45, schrieb Peter Serwe:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Alexander Dalloz
> <ad+lists at uni-x.org<ad%2Blists at uni-x.org>
>> wrote:
>

>> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/extendlv.html
>>
>>> I don't mind offline, if I can get Xen to boot off an alternative media.
>>
>> You can do that online using resize2fs (see above)
>>
>>> Peter
>>
>> Alexander
>>

> Does that require a kernel patch or is that information deprecated in CentOS
> 5.5?
>
> Peter

Hi Peter,

resize2fs just works with CentOS 5.5. In case of increasing the size of
your filesystem that way you can do so online. FS shrinking will not
work online or you would loose data.

resize2fs works for any mountpoint, including /. I have done that
already several times. Just take care that the system is not heavily
used at time of FS resizing. If you can afford run it in runlevel 1.

As always doing such kind of tasks: be prepared with a healthy, current
backup and a disaster recovery strategy.

Regards

Alexander