[CentOS] dhcpd rpm

Mon Oct 18 17:38:13 UTC 2010
R P Herrold <herrold at centos.org>

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010, Ausmus, Matt wrote:

> Yeah, this issue’s been brought up in the past.  One of the
> maintainer of FC 13 made the srpm available (I believe he
> prepped the spec file) for RHEL/CentOS 5 for dhcpd 4.1.  We
> started looking at it and the problems are the dependencies
> and the dependencies of the dependencies.  There are no
> srpms or rpms for those and the project becomes a real
> monster.

When this was raised before, I looked and there was a
dhcp-4.2.0-11.fc15.src.rpm in RawHide; today I find
dhcp-4.2.0-12.fc15.src.rpm

As I recall from trial builds, the first required fairly
invasive changes in the initscripts, and I was not willing to
sacrifice the time on a test box to satisfy idle curousity

Running a build at the latest code I also find it dies on this
file, probably a either a missed new interface, or a mistake
in the .c code

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../includes  -I..
 	-DLOCALSTATEDIR='"/var"'   -O2 -g -pipe -Wall
 	-Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector
 	--param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic
 	-fno-strict-aliasing -fPIE -D_GNU_SOURCE  -I../bind/include
 	-MT resolv.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/resolv.Tpo -c -o resolv.o
 	resolv.c
resolv.c: In function 'read_resolv_conf':
resolv.c:52: error: 'O_CLOEXEC' undeclared (first use in this
function)
resolv.c:52: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
only once
resolv.c:52: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [resolv.o] Error 1

It is not clear why local includes of the resolver libraries
are present.  Probably the right place to have these
discussions are in Fedora or upstream, however

-- Russ herrold