[CentOS] POP3 server

Fri Oct 22 14:32:51 UTC 2010
Ben McGinnes <ben at adversary.org>

On 22/10/10 3:10 AM, David wrote:
> I was hoping Dovecot could be not so RFC compliant in this matter. Anyway if
> gets the DELE command the message arrived safely to the client.
>
> Any other POP3 server not so RFC compliant?
>
> Thanks for the answer.

Breaking RFCs to get the functions you want is a *bad* idea.  What
happens if you get hit by a bus and someone else has to deal with the
issue, sees that the config is "broken" and "fixes" it.

You're much better off using a protocol which supports an immediate
delete from the server, like IMAP.  Unless, of course, the issue is with
a lack of disk space on the server.

Regards,
Ben