[CentOS] dual external monitors via an NVIDIA laptop?

Fri Oct 22 21:34:21 UTC 2010
Nataraj <incoming-centos at rjl.com>

Kevin Kempter wrote:
> Hi All;
>
> I have a Dell M6400 with an NVIDIA Quadr FX 3700M card. Is there any way
> for me to setup 2 external monitors as opposed to one external monitor
> and the laptop screen?
>

> Thanks in advance

I know that it has been done with the M6500.  I think it's dependant on
the graphics card and I'm pretty sure the FX 3700M will handle it.  Some
people seem to say that it works only with the high end docking station
which has multple ports on it.  Others have gotten it working with the
right cables plugged directly into the laptop.  All of the things I've
read about this were users running Ubuntu or Debian distributions, so, I
don't know that anyone has done it on CentOS.  I would goggle for
something like M6500  Ubuntu Dual monitors(or try M6400).

Whether you can do this or not is dependant on weather the graphics card
supports multiple displays.  Macbook Pro's do NOT.

Nataraj