[CentOS] [SOLVED] more software raid questions

Sun Oct 24 11:40:08 UTC 2010
fred smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 10:05:30PM -0700, Nataraj wrote:
> fred smith wrote:

> >> I would first try adding the drives back in with:
> >>
> >> mdadm /dev/mdN -a /dev/sdXn
> >>
> >> Again, this is after having stopped the bogus md arrays.
> >>

> > Nataraj, that worked fine, didn't need to --force it. Now I'm back to
> > having two devices in md0 and two in md1, and they're the RIGHT two! :)
> > Put the box in single-user mode to do the work, then after the array
> > finished resyncing, rebooted and it came up with the right two md devices.
> >
> > I appreciate your tutoring me on this, you've been most helpful.
> >
> > Thanks a bunch!
> >
> > Oh, can you refer me to any good documentation on how to admin a
> > software raid system? One aimed for people, like me, who are
> > computer literate, but have never trained as a sysadmin, and who
> > don't know much about RAID...
> >
> > thanks again!
> >
> > Fred
> >
> Hi Fred,
>
> You might try this one, since it seems to be one of the more up to date:
> https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Linux_Raid
>
> Also the mdadm man page and running "mdadm --help".
>
> Oh, and there's this, however, some of the pages just happen to be in
> Chinese...
> http://wiki.centos.org/Search?action=fullsearch&titlesearch=1&value=raid
> <http://wiki.centos.org/Search?action=fullsearch&titlesearch=1&value=raid>

Once again, thanks! the raid.wiki... one looks good. I'm afraid that
a Chinese-language resource isn't going to help me much... but perhaps
someone else will see this and find it helpful.