[CentOS] ssh with shared home dir

Mon Oct 25 13:47:22 UTC 2010
Todd Denniston <Todd.Denniston at tsb.cranrdte.navy.mil>

Gordon Messmer wrote, On 10/24/2010 04:20 PM:
> On 10/22/2010 01:08 PM, Todd Denniston wrote:
>> 5) root_squash is in play
>> 2) Open up the _read_ perms on authorized_keys
>> 3a) IIRC you _may_ also have to open up the _read_ perms on ~/.ssh
>> 3b) IIRC you _may_ also have to open up the exec perms on ~/.ssh
>
> root_squash doesn't affect ssh key authentication.  The SSH server
> performs key authentication as the UID requested.

Thanks, I was not aware of that before.

some more assumptions I don't think have been confirmed:
a) does The OPs _current_ private key match any of the _current_
.ssh/authorized_keys or .ssh/identity or .ssh/id_rsa
from the perspective of the client machine?

b) can the OP use the _current_ private key to ssh into 127.0.0.1 while logged into either of the
machines?  i.e. are the keys setup correctly at all?

--
Todd Denniston