[CentOS] Sendmail - block mail based on recipient address?

Mon Oct 25 15:05:44 UTC 2010
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

> > lefgifu with: sendmail access TO
> >
> > http://www.feep.net/sendmail/tutorial/anti-spam/access_db.html
> >
> > 'The left hand side of each entry can optionally be prefixed
> > with one of the tags To:, From:, or Connect:.'
>
> Yes, I have tried this.  I have entries like this in my access file:
>
> To:staffing at unwantedcompany.com    DISCARD
>
> Yet mail to staffing at unwantedcompany.com goes through just fine.  I
> think I may be missing something here.

One silly thing (but needs to be asked):

Did you rebuild access.db after editing access?

cd /etc/mail
vi/gedit/emacs access
make access.db

I am not sure if restarting sendmail is necessary or not (but it can't hurt):

/sbin/service sendmail restart

Also: is "FEATURE(`access_db',... " in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc? And if it
wasn't and you enabled it, did you rebuild sendmail.cf, and if you did
rebuild sendmail.cf, did you restart sendmail?

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / heller at deepsoft.com