[CentOS] send HTML formatted mail (for M$ Outlook) with mailx

Mon Oct 25 19:02:37 UTC 2010
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 10/25/10 1:07 AM, Sven Aluoor wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 6:12 PM, John Doe<jdmls at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>> Not sure about outlook but the following works for me and tbird:
>> Add "Content-type: text/html" at the begining...
> This doesn't work with M$ Outlook. I receive a plain text mail with
> the contents:

>    15361753
> [...]
>
> any other idea?

the Content-type:  has to be part of the message HEADER, not the message
BODY.  they are separated by a blank line.  afaik, you can't modify the
header generated by mailx, instead, you need to use the sendmail
command, and create the whole header yourself.