[CentOS] interesting kvm lvm collision issue

Wed Oct 27 19:02:45 UTC 2010
Iain Morris <iain.t.morris at gmail.com>

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 6:48 AM, Ross Walker <rswwalker at gmail.com> wrote:

> You need to exclude the LVs in the host VG from being scanned for sub-VGs.
> It's actually easier to just list what SHOULD be scanned rather than what
> shouldn't.
>
> Look in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf

This worked, thanks.  A couple of people emailed me separately on this.  For
others' reference, I added the following filter to lvm.conf on dom0 and
disabled the default "get everything" filter.  If anyone sees any pitfalls
with this regex, I'm sure you'll let me know.

(assuming your physical disks are sas/sata)

filter = [ "a/^/dev/sd*/", "r/.*/" ]

Thanks for the help,

-Iain

--