[CentOS] adding user ldif to ldap

Thu Oct 28 23:47:05 UTC 2010
Norman Gaywood <ngaywood at une.edu.au>

On 29 October 2010 10:39, Tim Dunphy <bluethundr at gmail.com> wrote:

> LDAP# ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=summitnjhome,dc=com" -W -f /tmp/passwd.ldif
> adding new entry "uid=root,ou=People,dc=summitnjhome,dc=com"
> ldap_add: Invalid syntax (21)
>       additional info: objectClass: value #6 invalid per syntax
>
> Here is the first entry which presented a problem when I attempted to add it:
>
> dn: uid=root,ou=People,dc=summitnjhome,dc=com
> uid: root
> cn: Enoch &
> givenName: Enoch
> sn: &
> mail: root at summitnjhome.com
> mailRoutingAddress: root at mail.summitnjhome.com

Perhaps the 6th line of attributes (value #6?)  contains
mailRoutingAddress. Is mailRoutingAddress defined in your schema?

--
Norman Gaywood, Computer Systems Officer
University of New England, Armidale,

ngaywood at une.edu.au            Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 3337
http://mcs.une.edu.au/~norm    Fax:   +61 (0)2 6773 3312

Please avoid sending me Word or Power Point attachments.