[CentOS] adding user ldif to ldap

Fri Oct 29 00:47:37 UTC 2010
Tim Dunphy <bluethundr at gmail.com>

Hey guys...

 Thanks very much for your help!

 It turns out that mailRoutingAddress actually turns out to be in misc.schema:

[root at LBSD2:/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema]#grep -ri
mailRoutingAddress /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema
/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/misc.schema:	NAME 'mailRoutingAddress'
/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/misc.schema:	MAY	( mailLocalAddress $
mailHost $ mailRoutingAddress ) )
/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/misc.schema.default:	NAME 'mailRoutingAddress'
/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/misc.schema.default:	MAY	(
mailLocalAddress $ mailHost $ mailRoutingAddress ) )

BUT.. the kerberos objects were not in any of the schemas I currently
have on my system:

[root at LBSD2:/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema]#grep -ri
kerberosSecurityObject /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema
[root at LBSD2:/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema]#grep -ri krbName
/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema
[root at LBSD2:/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema]#

Removing ALL references to the kerberos objects did the trick!!!
[root at LDAP:/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema]#ldapadd -x -D
"cn=Manager,dc=summitnjhome,dc=com" -W -f /tmp/passwd.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry "uid=root,ou=People,dc=summitnjhome,dc=com"

adding new entry "uid=toor,ou=People,dc=summitnjhome,dc=com"

adding new entry "uid=daemon,ou=People,dc=summitnjhome,dc=com"

adding new entry "uid=operator,ou=People,dc=summitnjhome,dc=com"

adding new entry "uid=bin,ou=People,dc=summitnjhome,dc=com"

adding new entry "uid=tty,ou=People,dc=summitnjhome,dc=com"

adding new entry "uid=kmem,ou=People,dc=summitnjhome,dc=com"

Thanks to Sean for spotting that and thank you to Norman for the attempt!!

The only question I would have left is that apparently the one schema
I would need to incorporate kerberos stuff is krb5-kdc.schema. Would
anyone happen to know of a place I could download this?

Best!

adding new entry "uid=games,ou=People,dc=summitnjhome,dc=com"