[CentOS] centos 5.5 oscar: gcc41, gcc44 and gfortran41, gfortran44

Marcelo M. Garcia marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 3 05:45:09 EDT 2010

> ok. but if script are using direct gcc...and not the varaible CC ?
>> I think this make more sense if you have different MPI compilers, like,
>> one mpicc (gcc34), other mpicc(gcc41), etc. Or different BLAS libraries,
>> like libblas or libgoto etc.
> it is my problem...with mpicc for example. And I though I could solve it
> with a gcc44 module or a gcc41 module. For example I have gcc 4.4
> installed, how can say to mpicc to use it ?

I suggest you to edit script, and replace gcc with CC[1]. Or put an
alias at the beginning of the script: alias gcc=gcc34(?).

For mpi, it's much easier because you set everything: CC=gcc34,
PREFIX=/data/mpi/gcc34, etc. Then you build the other one, CC=gcc,
PREFIX=/data/mpi/gcc41, etc. Now you build you modules.

Probably in the FAQ or documentation of your MPI explains how to create
your libraries, etc.

There a few good tutorials about parallel computing and MPI, etc here:

You can replace inside vi, for example, or use something like 'sed':