[CentOS] how long to reboot server ?

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Fri Sep 3 18:21:24 UTC 2010

On Fri, 3 Sep 2010, Joseph L. Casale wrote:

> From: Joseph L. Casale <jcasale at activenetwerx.com>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] how long to reboot server ?
>
>> My reboot times are regular, (still on F12 on this
>> machine) but I always copy the kernel files into a subdir 'tmp-backups' so I can get them back if needed, even if yum deletes them.
>
> Huh, ok... What do you do with *just* the kernel?
> Let me know how that works if you ever want to boot from it? Possibly the rpm
> might make more sense?

A long time ago now. Maybe I was falling back to a previous
kernel version that had not been uninstalled by yum, or was
it YaST on SuSE Linux?

Perhaps keeping the rpm for a kernel that you know works,
tucked away on the system would be a good move?

Also, if you downgrade the kernel version, would this have
any effect on other packages on the system?

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.php-debuggers.net