[CentOS] how long to reboot server ?

Benjamin Donnachie benjamin at py-soft.co.uk
Fri Sep 3 19:37:03 UTC 2010

On 3 Sep 2010, at 19:56, kalinix <calin.kalinix.cosma at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's not about of paperwork. It's about the change process which should
> be wery well implemented and tested, re-tested and tested again. And
> when you think it's done then you should re-test once more.

Sounds like they should adopt ITIL!  I'm upsetting a few people by
bringing in change management but I won't have working servers messed
about with unnecessarily!

> I remember once, on an w2k3 (alas) when the first SP just get out. We
> had a developing team which deployed an java portal (don't ask).

We had something similar in my old job - had the green light to
upgrade the Win2k3 Citrix boxes to the latest version of .net and it
completely killed the application!  Turned out development had only
tested it on XP!

Thankfully we didn't trust them and caught the problem after just one server!

Take care,

Ben