[CentOS] how long to reboot server ?

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at tsb.cranrdte.navy.mil
Fri Sep 3 20:47:52 UTC 2010

Marko Vojinovic wrote, On 09/03/2010 04:10 PM:
> On Friday, September 03, 2010 18:34:51 Matthew Miller wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 12:17:37PM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
>>> Does anyone know if this is special-cased or some config setting?  I
>> It's special-cased.
>

> So all in all, you should never be afraid that yum will leave you only with
> untested kernels while updating.

Thank you for your description of what is supposed to happen, I was not aware of this safety
provision previously.

I will however probably pick a test machine and try it, just to have that reassuring feeling of
having seen it in action myself, as so far I have only come to that point where the NEXT update
would be the one which got me. :)

--
Todd Denniston