[CentOS] ip aliasing on bonded interface possible?

Rick Philbrick rickphilbrick at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 08:01:38 UTC 2010

This reminded me of a recent issue doing just what you are asking about.  I
had an issue with sending traffic out an aliased interface on a bonded
interface a few weeks ago. I needed certain traffic to look like it was from
the aliased interfaces IP so the ACL on the receiving side would allow
posts.  But ALL traffic was still looking like it came from the real
interface's IP address.
and this caused the ACL to deny it.  I solved it using  iptables.

-rick