[CentOS] Update to base release

Gabriel Tabares gabriel.tabares at roboreus.com
Tue Sep 7 15:33:11 UTC 2010

  On 07/09/2010 16:22, John Kennedy wrote:
> Hello All,
> We have some machines running CentOS 4 Update 4 (4.4). We want to
> update these boxes to the stock CentOS 4 Update 8 (4.8).
> We have the 4.8 iso images. Is it possible to use up2date and have it
> use the 4.8 mounted iso images on a remote (install) server as the
> repository? The ISO's are accessible through http. These servers are
> remote with no CD/DVD option to upgrade
The best way I can think of is to create a yum repository with the RPMs
from the 4.8 image on the source server then create yum.repo file on the
destination files and then do a yum update.

There are lots of instructions online how to do it, do a search for
"centos create yum repo iso" or something similar and you will get lots
of hits.

Gabriel